Questionnaire for Hurricane Swap 2007!
2. If your pet(s) wrote a paragraph about you to describe you to us what would they say? (If you have no pets then just pretend you husband or best friend wrote it! This is a 3rd person writing exercise that is always fun.)
Obi-Wan gets a bit hyper sometimes. It's part of his chihuahua tendencies. I guess it was also a bad idea to give him a nibble of graham cracker, huh?
3. What is your favorite hurricane supplies snack?
Fruit snacks are my ultimate weakness. I load up on them during hurricane season.
4. Do sock patterns normally fit you "as written" or do you usually modify them for size in any way? (other than foot length)
I haven't worked a pattern that hasn't fit me (aside from kiddie sized knits).
4a. What are your foot measurements, not just shoe size? (Measure the length of your foot from heel to toe, then the ball of your foot. )
Heel to toe: 10 in.
Ball of foot: 8 1/2 in.
Shoe size: 8
5. What one city abroad would you visit and why if money was no object? (and terrorism was non-existant)
London. It is the one place that I have dreamed of visiting since I was a kid.
6. Do you wear socks all year round or just during the winter? Do you prefer them tall or short or regular height?
I wear socks all year long (especially since the Obinator chews up my flip-flops frequently). I like my socks to be tall to regular heights. If the leg of the sock is too short, it falls into my shoe. :(
7. The last time the power was out during hurricane season (or bad weather of any kind) did you knit by lantern or were you lucky enough to knit to the humm of a generator? Or did you knit at all?
I didn't knit at all. This is my second year of knitting and thankfully last year there wasn't the need for hurricane knitting!
8. Make a wish for your favorite sock yarn that you've already used once. What would it be? Dont be shy about listing an exact colorway or two if you'd like.
Wow... That's hard to answer--I don't have just one favorite! Lately my mission has been to try out new sock yarns whenever possible--including hand-dyed yarns. I recently got my hands on my first skein of Socks That Rock which was my elusive yarn get. But I love supporting indie yarn dyers (and finding new ones!). Some of my favorites are Scout, Sunshine Yarns, Yarntini, Yarn Pirate and WhiteWillow (all on Etsy except Scout).
9. What is it about sock knitting that keeps you wanting to knit more and more socks?
All the beautiful sock yarns available are just too hard to resist! I love trying to find the pattern that is perfect for what ever yarn I'm going to use. I've been known to be well into a sock and not be satisfied with the pattern/yarn match up and rip the whole thing out and start over. Sock knitting in and of itself is addicting as well!
10. Make a wish for a sock yarn that you are dying to try but haven't bought for yourself yet. (be specific,even colorway if you'd like)
All Things Heather or Mamma E's C*EYE*BER Fiber Yarns in whatever colorway isn't too dark.
11. What size needles do you knit socks for YOURSELF with the most? Are they circular or bamboo needles? What brand?
Size 1 Innox 6" DPNs. I absolutely love these and use them for almost all my sock knitting lately because I don't knit as tightly as I usually do with other needles for some reason. Love these.
12. If you could only take 3 yarn related books and one previously knitted project that you love with you when you evacuated what would they be?
I'm more likely to take all my magazines rather than my books. The books would be easier to replace than the magazines, I think... But my project would be my Hanne Falkenberg Mermaid Sweater.
13. What knitting notion do you wish you had that you just keep putting off getting for yourself?
The Chart Keeper from KnitPicks.com
14. What is your favorite tv show?
I can only pick one?!?!? I have many--The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Law and Order (all of them!), Grey's, Ugly Betty, Criminal Minds, Bones, House, Dexter... There are tons more. I'm a bit of a TV freak. My favorite new show is Tori and Dean: Inn Love on Oxygen. And I'm re-watching BH 90210 on SOAPnet (I grew up watching that show!) and The Wire on BET.
15. Do you want a lacey sock or a "solid fabric" sock from your hurricane partner?
I love them both!
16. It's midnight and the power has been off for two days, its hot, and you have a craving for something sweet! What would it be? (This is a FOOD related question ladies! LOL)
A Snickers Ice Cream Bar. It would be roasty-toasty in my neck of the woods (and HUUUUMID!) and something sweet and cold would be what I would be craving. It would probably be like in the cartoons where everyone turned into food--I'd see my husband and he'd look like a huge, wrapped-up Snickers Ice Cream Bar.
17. Tell us a story about any of your hurricane weather related experiences.
I think it was during Gilbert in 1988 when my elementary school (I was in 3rd grade) let us out because it was supposed to hit Corpus. It moved off a bit and all we ended up getting was rain and wind, but nothing damaging--I don't even remember the electricity going out. But my entire family on my mom's side came to our house to weather the storm and we spent the day playing board games together.
18. What was the one thing you wish you had remembered to get last year for hurricane supplies that you swore you wouldn't forget this year?
I can't think of anything I didn't pick up. I wish I had stocked up on the tuna kits instead of the individual tuna cans.
19. What color sock would you like to recieve from your sock partner? (if you don't have a pref just say so otherwise give us a hint!)
I don't have a preference.
20. Well surprise, this one isn't a question at all, it's a THANK YOU for filling out this questionnarie and posting it.
More posting to come! I have socks that are finished, more sock yarn enhancement and nesting birds to share!